How to Apply:
- Review AMGA Course Catalog, www.amga.com
- Submit AMGA Membership Application to AMGA, if necessary
- Review prerequisites for the program you wish to apply for
- If you meet the prerequisites, fill out the SMG Registration Form and Medical Form. Send to SMG office by email, mail, or fax.
- EMAIL copies of required personal, guided/mock guided, and updated resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (use resume template found on the AMGA website)
- Include copies of required certifications (Medical for all programs and Avalanche Training for the Ski Guide Course).
- Include program deposit in the form of check, money order, or credit card information (deposit is 50% of program tuition, see SMG deposit and cancellation policy). To secure your spot in an AMGA Program the deposit is required in addition to your application, resumes, and signed waiver.
(Steps 4-7 should be completed at the same time.)
Howie Schwartz - UIAGM Ski & Mountain Guide, AMGA Senior Instructor/Examiner, and Ski Discipline Coordinator
Bela Vadasz - UIAGM Ski & Mountain Guide, AMGA Senior Instructor/Examiner, and Ski Discipline Coordinator
You meet the prerequisites for the Ski Guides Course if:
1) are a current Associate Member or higher of the AMGA;
2) have four years of personal ski touring experience, including leading multi-day tours and
3) have at least near mastery of PSIA Level 9 or equivalent skiing skills and can ski a variety of
terrain up to 50 ° and a variety of snow conditions;
4) have basic rope management and rappelling skills;
5) are in excellent physical condition;
6) have completed an AMGA approved Level II Avalanche Course, or have the Discipline
Coordinator’s or Technical Director’s written approval for an alternate course
Please contact us, or the AMGA office, for more information about this program. You can also find useful information on the AMGA's website.
back to top